Are bad digital stewards for our children?

So, I made this Video awhile ago.  I'm going to still post it here.  It it I pose the question of why I see either what looks like first generation immigrant Latino or low-income parents just let their small children bury their noses into devices.  Or just let them do whatever they want.  I will go to these people's house to deliver pizza at like 11 on a Tuesday, and the kids are still up and it just makes no sense.  I talk more about that in the video.  I do not remember if I got to an explanation or not in the video, but I think it might be, as far as first generation immigrants it is more a they do not know better.  As in they came here for a better life, and now they have money and financial stability, or at least more than they ever had.  Since they have never had money, they do not know how to use or keep the money.  They do not know the next step in success.  These kids parents do not value education because they do not have one.  They think they are doing fine, and are just living life day to day.  The next generation will know better.



Comments