First!!!...Do I win a Prize?

What is this?

    I was looking on Facebook.  I noticed that most people do not post anything significant.  A link here.  A low res photo of a poorly thought out political stance here.  A Vaugebook Post here.  Now, don't get me wrong, I don't really have a problem with all that.  I kinda like seeing these posts.  It lets me know a bit about who you are.  Even if I do not agree or laugh at your post, I still want to see it.  It is sometimes a social experiment.  I like to see how long it will take from when I see something on Reddit, and then see it on Facebook.  It is also interesting to see how uninformed some people about the issues around them.  Just because it somewhat aligns with their political leanings, they will post it without thinking about what it actually says (Obama is LITERALLY Hitler?).  Keep on posting these, they are entertaining.
Your "Likes" Matter?

But, I noticed something else as well.  What if I wanted to know more about you?  What concultion would I get about who you are based on what you put out there in the interwebs on your FaceBook, Instagram, and Twitter?  Would I get the right picture?  If your children wanted to know who you were with out asking you, what would your online activities tell them about you?  Would they understand you?  Understand why you have done the things you have done based on your Twitter posts?
I think not.  I know my profile would not paint me in the best light.  You may get the inpression that I am a left wing sarcastic turd.  The Turd part might be right, but the rest is far from the truth.

The What For

    So, I start this blog and my sister blog, Shower Thoughts, to do 2 things.
  1. To be a creative outlet.  I find sometimes that after Julie come home, I have so many things to talk about.  I have cool articals to share.  Political options that are totally right.  BIG ideas about the world.  But she does not have the time.  No one has the time.  I end up talking to a fleshy wall, that has no input.  It is not that she does not care, its just that she does not have the time or energy to deal with the stupid ADD that goes on up in this Head.  So, I will talk to a Keyboard.
  2. A way for my Children and others to understand who I am.  This is not going to be a Journal.  We have the family blog for that, which I will be adding to, yay.  It is a place for random thoughts, beliefs, random things I find on the internet.
This is going to be a catch all for all the things that I find interesting.  Things that I see out and about.  Funny stories about the Family, sometimes venting about Life.  My other blog, Shower Thoughts will be for deeper topics.  Bigger Ideas.  More text, less pics, so more boring. 

As I start, I do not think that I will have a schedule or a type of order.  This will be a peer into my mind, mess and all. 

Comments