Lets be relevant, for once

Lets get those pageviews, yo.
Well, if it did not take me so long to figure out how to get my feelings down on digital ink...

Here are some of my thoughts on Avengers: Age of Ultron



I just saw it tonight.  Yes, I am aware it is Monday.  (I watched this on the 3rd, two days after the premier, took me awhile to actually get this review written.) Yes, I am aware that it came out on Thursday at midnight.  No, you cannot have my nerd card.  I will prove my worthiness to keep it by complaining about a comic book movie.  Online even....

Getting Ready

To prepare myself, I did not watch any of the many trailers and ads that were posted in the past few months leading up to the release.  I saw the first one, and that was enough to sell me on it.  I feel that trailers lately have been spoiling too much about a movie.  I wanted to go into this movie as blind as I could, so I could be surprised.  Well, as surprised as I could be, being on the internet all day, everyday, I have already been spoiled on the storyline.
I watched the first one over the weekend.  Wow, I have seen it many times, but it still blows me away.  It is so good.  This time I also noticed some of the foreshadowing and how they subtly set up the next few movies with little dialogue between the characters.  They totally set up The Winter Soldier when Tony Stark remarks to Steve Rogers that there is a lot that Shield does not tell him.  And we see some glimpses and small references to phase 2, the super weapon that can kill everyone in Cap 2.
The first Avengers is still in my top 5.  It is one of those movies that if I walk in and it is playing, I will usually stop what I was doing, and start watching it.  I can watch it over and over again.  So, going into this, I am already pretty hyped, even without seeing all the trailers.  Avengers 2 has a lot to live up to.  Does it even have a chance?

My Body is ready 



Okay, Short answer.  It’s good.  It is better than the first one.  Which is something that I did not think could happen.  If you are waiting to see it because you are worried that it might not be good, just go.  Just go, and have fun.  Stop reading and just go.
Oh, you are still here?  You need more?
Now, I only saw it last night, so I am still in the afterglow of how awesome it was to really give any criticisms of it yet.  The same thing happened with I watched the first one.  It was not till a few weeks later when I saw it on Blu-ray that I started to notice things that were wrong with the movie.  So, I will post my problems later.  I only have love for this movie now.  It seriously is in my top 5 of all time.
I am going to try to not spoil any of the big pay off moments for you.  For these big movies that I know I am for sure going to see, I try not to see any of the trailers or read anything online about what the nerds think will happen.  I feel that I have a better experience if I go into it dark, and then join the online conversation later.  Trailers just reveal too much now.  I understand why hollywood feels the need to do this.  They need to get the people that either do not know what this movie is going to be about or need a bigger reason than the fact the name of the movie is Avengers 2. Listen here fans, stop complaining about the trailers spoiling the story for you.  The trailers are not for you, they are for your mom.
I am trying to stay in the dark about the new Star Wars movie that comes out in December.  I dont know if I will be able to succeed

Since this is the first review on my blog, I feel the need to explain how I determine if a movie is good or not.  I am not one of those people that try to find things that are wrong with the movie.  I love movies.  It takes a lot to make me not like a movie.  I like to get lost in the story and the visuals.  If you can do that, you succeed.  Usually once I decide that I want to see a movie, I will like it, unless it really sucks.

Right now, I cannot find anything wrong with the movie.  I think it is great.  In a few days, as I think about it, and read more about it online, I may find some things that annoy me.  In a few weeks, I will probably figure out some plot holes that do not make sense.  Then, I will watch it at home, and fall in love with it even more.  This is the pattern that I took with the first Avengers.  I am pretty sure that the same thing will happen here

Rating

I give Avengers: Age of Ultron a rating of: Why are you still reading this.  If you have not already seen this, go see it now.  Then see it again to see the parts you missed.  Then buy it when it eventually comes out on Blu-ray, with a special edition extended cut.  Oh you know they are going to have deleted scenes.

I want to share a few of my favorite parts, but I also do not want to spoil the movie as well.  If you have not seen the Movie yet, DO NOT READ FURTHER, SPOILER CITY AHEAD, exit now!!!  I will say though, be ready to like Hawkeye, if you did not already, they make him cool in this one.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Favorite Parts

My absolute favorite is definitely when Hawk-Eye and Quicksilver are on the floating city fighting off the Ultron Minions. When finished, Quicksilver leaves running with a witty comment along the lines of "come on, old man".
Hawk-Eye aims his next arrow towards the long-gone Quicksilver and mutters to himself out loud:
" i could shoot him right now and no one would know. If they miss him and ask, I would just say, oh, last time I saw him, Ultron was sitting on him.  oh, i will miss him, the speedy bastard"

Here are some more general things I loved, and quotes.  If you have seen the movie, You know what I am talking about.
- Hulkbuster!!!

- The Vision!!!
And that moment.  You know that moment that I am talking about.  When that happened in my theater, everyone was like, Wha??? Holy Shi…!!!

- "Good talk."  "No it wasn't."

- "Unfortunately, he's still Barton".  "That's horrible."

- Please be a secret door, please be a secret door…
yay!

And so many more, I need to go see again to catch it all.

Problems

I don’t really have any problems with Avengers : Age of Ultron.  Yes there are some plot holes, and some things that I have now had to look up to figure out what is going on.  But I would not call them problems, but small quirks.  I am going to let them pass.  There is more great things to love than bad things to complain about.  It is true if these same problems came up in another movie, I would not give them a pass, but this is the Avengers and Joss Whedon.  They can do no wrong.


Comments