Can you ruin a Grilled Cheese Sammie?

    I used to think that you could.  I had this debate with Julie recently.  She likes to put lunch meat and miracle whip in hers.  .........hold on a min while I throw up in my mouth a little.

    I once thought grilled cheese is one thing.  Grilled Bread, (whiter the better, you racist) and cheap cheese.  The beauty is in the simplicity of it all.  And it is easy, You have to really suck at making food, I would not call this cooking, it is heating up ingredients and smashing them together.  But then I had a look at this site. I'll wait while you have look at it.  I will just be sitting here looking at something on reddit, or something.
http://www.grilledcheeseacademy.com/

It's like your opinion, man...

     Like, seriously, did you have a look at some of those?  Dat Hotlanta doh...it's like a double down, but not sad.


They all look good, in their own I'm a special and unique snowflake kind of way.  So, do whatever you want to do to the Grilled Cheese.  Get dollar store bread and kraft singles and make it on a George Foreman Grill.   Or combine $20 of ingredients onto your unpronounceable organic bread.  You cannot mess up a Grilled Cheese, because it is yours.  Many are like it, but it is yours.  Except for olives.  Don't put olives on it, really, what were you thinking?

Post script, I learned how to class up your grilled pasteurized dairy product sandwich.  Grill it up like usually, but right at the end, sprinkle grated cheese on one side, flip, and let the cheese get brown.  Put grated cheese on other side and flip.  It is amazing.  You are literally grilling the cheese.  Try it, do it.

Comments